August 10th: Newark to Pulaski, NY
August 10th Statistics: Newark to Pulaski, NY
- Today’s Biking Distance – 77.7 miles
- Today’s Average Speed – 14.2 mph
- Today’s Time In Saddle – 5.5 hours
- Today Ascent – 3,258 feet
- Total Trip Biking Days – 47
- Total Trip Biking Distance – 3,612.7 miles
- Total Trip Average Biking Distance/Day – 76.9 miles
- Total Trip Ascent – 89,948 feet
Today’s weather was threatening and the ride long, so I began riding about 7 am. Our days of flat riding are certainly over – today we climbed over 3,000 feet, which we had done only day (Osceola, WI to Red Wing, MN when we were climbing the bluffs above the Mississippi River) since leaving the Rockies in Western Montana. The overcast sky, occasion sprinkles, one rain shower, and terrain didn’t allow much photography so I only have two photos today. However, they do provide you a good picture of today’s ride. One more note – the road conditions in New York continue to be great for biking.
Dinner in Pulaski, NY at the River House Restaurant in Pulaski was exceptional – highly recommended.