July 17th: Milaca, MN to Osceola, WI
July 17th Statistics – Milaca, MN to Osceola, WI:
- Today’s Biking Distance – 79.2 miles
- Today’s Average Speed – 14.9 mph
- Today’s Time In Saddle – 5.3 hours
- Today Ascent – 1,063 feet
- Total Trip Biking Days – 26
- Total Trip Biking Distance – 2.060.6 miles
- Total Trip Average Biking Distance/Day – 79.3 miles
- Total Trip Ascent – 58,101 feet
I decided to join the group for breakfast this morning because I : 1) got a lot of grief from family and friends from my last several posts for skipping breakfast, 2) didn’t want to be isolated from the group today because of the high threat of thunderstorms (it looked like rain at 7 am), and 3) was hungry – glad I did (see photo above). The thick cloud cover kept the temperature and humidity down. Fortunately, I only had a couple of short and light showers today. Forecast for tomorrow (another 80 mile ride) is same as today, but slightly cooler.
It appears we may have reached the 50% mark for total trip mileage today or will tomorrow. I also rode into my 6th state today (Wisconsin). We are going to be weaving between Minnesota and Wisconsin for several days until reach reach Iowa. As I biked today, I started to see pine forest today and increasingly smell the aromas of country living (let your imagination run with that).
Great hotel (River Valley Inn & Suites) and dinner (shrimp and crab over pasta in garlic/oil sauce) next door at Tippy’s Canoe.